Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How do I define a competent applicant?

I have recently taken the opportunity to vent as regards new hires and technical/academic/creative job positions. A recent development is that humans are typically lacking the capacity to come off as genuine and/or caring. I don't give a sh*t if your resume includes the ability to see through walls if you lack the social capacity to convince me that you might actually give a damn about work outcomes. Yes, the suggestion that there is experience, talent, trainability... these are all key elements to creating a successful partnership, but without an acknowledgment of interest, how can you be trainable? Without the suggestion that you will make a point to work with existing structure, what good is any talent (real or imagined?)?
Needless to say, I'm pissed off at nothing tangible, and this too shall pass.
In other news, Paty got me a fantastic acoustic guitar. - jeb

No comments: